- Soak 1 cup dried apricots in boiling water until soft; drain well.
- Cream 8 oz butter and 1 cup sugar
- Beat in 2 eggs
- Sift & add 3 cups flour, 2 tsp baking powder & a pinch of salt
- Add drained apricots. Mix well
- Put in a flat tin & bake 325oF/160oC for 30 minutes.
ICING: Boil 3 Tbsp milk & 3 Tbsp butter & 1-2 Tbsp sugar for ~2 minutes. Cool slightly and add lots of vanilla essence, touch of lemon juice & enough icing sugar to make a spreadable consistency. Ice slice whilst fairly warm, cut into squares when nearly cold.