This is the BIGGEST cake I've ever made. Recipe from a work colleague & I'm making it for my team Extravaganza tomorrow.
Mix the following until just combined:
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- juice & grated rind of 4 lemons
- 1-½ - 2 cups of flavourless oil e.g grapeseed - I used 1-½ C Rice Bran oil
- 1-¾ cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 4 cups self raising flour
- pinch salt
Ice with cream cheese icing if desired - mix in a food processor (or serve with thickened cream).
- 75g soft butter
- 250g cream cheese (not spreadable)
- juice & finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 cup icing sugar