1 cup uncooked brown rice
1-3/4 cup water
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1/2 medium onion - finely chopped
3 spring onions - finely chopped
1 red capsicum - chopped into tiny cubes
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup roasted peanuts - coarsely chopped
1/2 cup each of roasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds & sesame seeds
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 clove crushed garlic
1 tsp grated fresh root ginger
1 tsp honey
- Combine and process until smooth (or shake in a jar).
- Place rice and unsalted water in a tightly covered pot.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and water absorbed.
- Add soy sauce and finely chopped onion to hot cooked rice. Mix well.
- Leave at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Just before serving, toss through the dressing.